Leading the way in portable Combustion Analysis, we are happy to announce a new, vastly improved iteration of our reputable PLEX PCA-2000® Combustion Analysis System.
The new PLEX PCA-2000plus®, which is now avaible for ordering, encapsulates our accumulated experience of more than a decade, in making highly-versatile portable Combustion Analysis Systems. With fully re-designed electronics, expanded control/configuration options, enhanced functionality and increased accuracy, the new system promises industry leading capabilities at accessible pricing.
The new PCA-2000plus®, is availabe with 4, 8 or 16 High-speed Analog Inputs and pairs with our latest, improved configuration (PLEX Device Manager v2) and Data Analysis (PCA-WIN v2) software, offering unmatched control, functionality and user friendliness.
Availability: in-stock | Lead Time: 2-4 weeks
Price (ex. VAT & Sensors): from €8.500
The vastly improved software for the PCA Combustion System helps you interpret complex data easily and derive inferences that improve performance, drivability and quality or resolve hidden problems, not detectable by other means. Designed to be both versatile and quick/ easy to use, the PCA-WIN® comes with zero compromises in terms of advanced customisation options or high-end functionality. Each PCA-2000plus® purchase gives a PCA-WIN® license with two seats. Click screenshots for larger view.
With the new Valve Analysis software module the PCA-2000 can be used as for datalogging and processing data from a Spintron machine.
The PCA-2000 interfaces with the Spintron crank position encoder and Laser Valve Tracking system as well as other sensors including temperature and strain gauges to provide real time graphical and numeric analysis of the valve motion. It is easy to detect valve loft, toss and bounce as well as measure spring harmonics using the valve lift, velocity, acceleration graphs and calculated values. The modern software provides advanced customisable data visualisation capabilities and also a database for storing and documents test results.
- Engine Development & Calibration: for each cylinder study power output, fuel burn efficiency, optimum ignition timing, knock/pre-ignition/misfires, cylinder filling, intake & exhaust tuning, etc.
- On-Vehicle Engine Monitoring: log combustion parameters to analyse with other engine and vehicle data and compare engine performance between track an dyno.
- Engine Control: use real-time calculated combustion parameters for closed loop torque and ignition control
- Academic Research: study and validate combustion processes, optimisation modes and control methods
- Hands-on Teaching: demonstrate real-time combustion pressure behaviour
- Competitions: gain advantage by utilising advanced combustion pressure intelligence to improve performance of racing projects (FSAE, etc)
- Monitoring: perform real-time monitoring of propulsion engines and generators
AVIATION & UAVs
- Engine Development & Calibration
- On-Vehicle Monitoring
- Engine Control
Selecting the right type of sensor for each application is perhaps the most challenging area related to reliable combustion analysis as it always involves a give-and-take decision that is based on the budget, the objectives, the framework and the specificities of each project. Our diversified experience with customers ranging from OEMs & high-end engine builders, to racing teams, universities and industrial companies allows us to provide objective advise and guidance that will enable you to make an informed decision. Any type of pressure sensor* whether for in-cylinder drilling or with a modified sparkplug, can be fitted and configured to the PCA-2000.
* AVL & Kistler Sensor require external amplifiers.
Built-in 25Hz multi-GNSS and a 6-axis 100Hz IMU modules enable very accurate measurements for a variety of applications such as driver analysis, lap timing, vehicle trajectory analysis, track mapping, acceleration-decceleration.
Two high quality motorsport 37pin connectors by Souriau plus one extra 8pin connector, designed for applications where high-performance, small size and lightweight are key factors. Made of rugged IP67 aluminium.
The PCA-2000plus logger paris with our latest PLEX Device Manager® 2.0 SW for the configuration, which provides unmatched speed and intuitiveness without compromising advanced options. Since the PCA-2000plus is an end-t0-end data logger with CAN BUS, additional I/Os and internal sensors (GPS/IMU), our configuration SW ease of use encourages utilising the complete potential our high speed data-logger offers and this way substitutes other external loggers.
- # of Press. Channels: 4, 8 or 16
- Internal Memory: 1GB – 32GB
- Sealing: IP67
- Weight: 250g
- Dimensions: w 100mm x h 100mm x 25/39mm
- Logger (HW & FW)
- Ethernet Cable
- GPS Antenna
- SW License (2x seats)
- Hard Case